Key Advantages of the Orange Vise System
Quick-Change, from the Ground Up
The "Quick Change" concept is integrated at every level of the Orange Vise design.
- The Orange Vise body mounts to a subplate or tombstone in seconds, with +/- 0.0005" repeatability. Orange Ball Couplers and Receivers are optional and sold separately, but the integrated interface comes standard.
- The carrier slide assembly can be removed or installed in seconds - a necessity for cleaning and setup changeovers.
- Master jaws can be removed or installed in seconds, with +/- 0.0005" repeatability
- Jaw plates can be removed or installed in seconds, with +/- 0.0005" repeatability
Solid Construction - 100% Made in the USA
- The Orange Vise body, carrier slides, and master jaws are machined from solid bars of Dura-Bar ductile cast iron, a name-brand, premium quality product.
- Vise body is hardened and precision ground on four sides
- Main screw is machined from high tensile alloy steel. Threads are completely sealed from contaminants.
- Hard jaws are machined from alloy steel and case hardened to HRC 58-62
- Small components are all machined from steel
Solid, Reliable Performance
- High strength components withstand high clamping forces (up to 10,000 lbs)
- Cast iron construction throughout for vibration damping and low thermal growth
- Sliding jaws have a pull-down design to minimize part lift under heavy clamping forces
- Sealed slide assembly is greased for smooth action and predictable clamping force
Flexible and Adaptable
- Indexable center jaw can be offset to adjust part capacities as necessary.
- Low profile slide assembly eliminates potential interference with the jaw hold down points.
- Vise pallets available in a variety of sizes to use the vise base as a pallet changer.
- Clamp large parts using large jaws in a single vise.
Easy to Maintain and Future-Proof
- Vise disassembles in 1-2 minutes for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Vise re-assembles in 1-2 minutes for minimal down time
- Slide assembly can be rebuilt in under 5 minutes with off-the-shelf components and hardware
- Current generation components are backwards-compatible with earlier generations, including the original Orange Vise