Lead time: IN STOCK
Fourth-generation vise with quick-change dovetailed jaw interface as standard equipment. Compatible with dovetailed quick-change jaws as well as 1/2"-13 bolt-on jaws in a 3.875" x 0.9375" bolt hole pattern. Can be converted to single-station configuration without any extra hardware.
- Two (2) sliding jaws, reversible for bolt-on and dovetail jaw interfaces
- One (1) center jaw with dovetail jaw interfaces
- One (1) hardened narrow center jaw
- Two (2) hardened bolt-on jaw plates
- Six (6) edge clamps (T-slot nuts and 1/2" or M12 hardware not included)
- Four (4) dowel pins, 0.4993" OD x 1.0" length
- Assorted cap screws
Is a vise handle included?
The short answer is no. The sealed design of our carrier slide assembly makes it so that the main screw floats axially as the jaws open and close. The changing position of the screw's hex-end means that a typical vise handle won't work without extensions. Instead, we recommend using a standard 1/2" ratchet handle with a 6-point, 3/4" socket, and appropriate extensions as necessary. For precision work, we recommend using a torque wrench for repeatable clamping and a breaker bar for unclamping. The maximum torque that can be applied to the vise screw is 120 lb-ft. Rapid repositioning of the jaws can be done with an 18-volt cordless impact driver (40 lb-ft maximum). Unlike other vises on the market with thrust bearings that are susceptible to brinnelling, our vises are bearing-free and thus able to withstand impact forces without any detrimental effects.