Our 4th generation dual-station vises include:
- One (1) - Fully machined, cast iron body, surface ground on four sides
- One (1) - Carrier assembly with patent-pending twin-hook design and "third-hand" brake
- Two (2) - Dovetailed reversible sliding jaws
- One (1) - Dovetailed IJS center jaw
- One (1) - Hardened narrow center jaw
- Two (2) - Hardened bolt-on jaw plates
- Six (6) - Steel edge clamps
- Four (4) - Dowel pins, ∅ 0.4993" (two for locating jaws, two spares)
- Four (4) - 1/2"-13 x 1.25" button head cap screws (for bolt-on jaw plates)
- Two (2) - 1/2"-13 x 2.25" button head cap screws (for IJS center jaw)
- Two (2) - 1/2"-13 x 2.25" socket head cap screws (for narrow center jaw)
Our 4th generation single-station vises are identical to our 4th generation dual station vises, except:
- Not Included: one (1) dovetailedcenter jaw
- Not included: one (1) hardened narrow center jaw
These items can be purchased at a later date if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Do you have vise handles available?
A: At this time, we do not. The sealed design of our carrier slide assembly makes it so that the main screw floats axially as the jaws open and close. The changing position of the screw's hex-end means that a typical vise handle won't work without extensions. Instead, we recommend using a standard 1/2" ratchet handle with a 6-point, 3/4" socket, and appropriate extensions as necessary. For precision work, we recommend using a torque wrench for repeatable clamping and a breaker bar for unclamping. The maximum torque that can be applied to the vise screw is 120 lb-ft. Rapid repositioning of the jaws can be done with an 18-volt cordless impact driver (40 lb-ft maximum). Unlike other vises on the market with thrust bearings that are susceptible to brinnelling, our vises are bearing-free and thus able to withstand impact forces without any detrimental effects.
Q: Are the included master jaws compatible with bolt-on jaw plates? What is the bolt hole pattern?
A: The sliding jaws are compatible, but the center jaws are not. The sliding jaws are reversible - one side is machined with a quick-change dovetail interface, while the other side is drilled and tapped with 1/2"-13 holes in an industry-standard, 3.88" x 0.94" bolt hole pattern. The center jaw only has the dovetail interface.
An optional master center jaw for bolt-on jaws is available separately. It is dimensionally identical to the dovetailed center jaw but is drilled and tapped with 1/2"-13 holes in an industry-standard, 3.88" x 0.94" bolt hole pattern.
SKU #: 100-107
List Price: $99.95