Improving on traditional self-centering vises, Delta IV is a family of "fixed-centering" multi-axis vises that decouples locating and clamping. Jaw location on the 1st and 2nd axes is provided by serrations on a hardened steel base and matching serrations on a fixed jaw. Clamping force is provided with a fast-acting, high strength steel screw.
The heart of the vise is the patent-pending Delta jaw-retention system, which provides pull-down force and locating on the 3rd axis.
The net result is significantly better rigidity and accuracy - especially well suited for secondary operations, often neglected with self-centering vises.
Features & Specifications:
- Hardened steel base (HRC55)
- Serrated fixed jaw adjusts in 1/8" increments with 0.0005" repeatability
- Patent-pending anti-lift jaw design, < 0.001" jaw lift for first operations, < 0.0005" jaw lift * for secondary operations
- 3200 lbs (40 ft-lbs torque) recommended clamping force with serrated grippers
- 4800 lbs (60 ft-lbs torque) recommended clamping force with aluminum soft jaws
- 8000 lbs (100 ft-lbs torque) max clamping force with steel soft jaws
- 100% Made in USA
* In order to achieve < 0.0005" jaw left, soft jaws should be machined such that the bottom of the workpiece sits 0.875" above the bed of the vise.
- Delta IV Compact vise body: 5.88" x 4.00" 1.937" LxWxH, steel construction hardened to HRC55
- Delta IV Compact carrier assembly
- Steel Master Jawset A with hardened steel gripper strips (your choice of Serrajaws or Piranha strips)
- Delta IV Compact with Type A Jawset and Serrajaws (STEP)
- Delta IV Compact with Type B Jawset and Serrajaws (STEP)
- Delta IV Compact with Type A Jawset and Piranha Jaws (STEP)
- Delta IV Compact with Type B Jawset and Piranha Jaws (STEP)